Do you find yourself eating the same things over and over again? While this is a good strategy when just starting to focus on following the nutrition for weight loss guidelines, sometimes it can get boring. Last week, Suzanne asked if I could post some fresh snack ideas. Try these out and let me know what you think. Post your favorite balanced snacks in the “Leave A Reply” box below and I’ll create a downloadable booklet as your “go to” guide whenever you find yourself in a snack rut.
Remember your guidelines are this:
1. Each meal must consist of Healthy Fats, Protein & Fiber Filled Carbs
Healthy Fats are nuts, seeds, olive oil, avocado, or fish oil supplement, lean proteins may come from meat, legumes, or a protein powder supplement and, fiber filled carbs are fruits and vegetables.
2. Starch Filled Ccarbs After your Workout Only
Your body can best digest and utilize the energy from starch filled carbs after exercise. Include a serving of starch filled carbs after your workout by choosing sweet potatoes, legumes, beans, or gluten-free bread or pasta.
3. Portion Size is Key
Healthy fats – the size of 1 die, or 7-10 nuts (check serving sizes of nuts on the package)
Protein - the size of a woman’s palm (2 palm sizes is a serving for men)
Fiber Filled Carbs - 1/2 cup
Slim Down With These 10 Fresh Snack Ideas:
1. Banana or Green Apple + Nut butter
2. Hard boiled egg + pepper + paprika
3. Guac Salad – Diced avocado, tomato, onion, + cilantro
5. Veggie or Fruit smoothie – Coconut milk, nuts, + veggie or fruit choice
6. Ants on A Log – Celery + nut butter + raisins
7. Sliced Turkey + slivered cucumber + guacamole
8. Sliced Chicken + slivered carrots+ guacamole.
9. Diced chicken breast + broccoli drizzled with olive oil and herbs
10. Canned tuna + diced celery + diced green apple + whole ingredient mayonaise
Strength & Love,